Nars Casablanca Lipstick

1:57 AM

Unique, bold and unexpected; - these are some of the descriptions that cross my mind whenever I see Nars Casablanca (retails for Php1350) lipstick on my stash. It's a fantastic color and I really think it deserves a little bit more love here on beauty sphere.




More pics after the jump!



On the Nars website, Casablanca is said to be a classic full bodied coral. I have to say that description is just half true. On my lips, it delivers more as a nice terracotta brick orange that almost has its own character. Definitely a one of its kind shade that I have been enjoying slapping on my lips recently. It is almost opaque in a swipe and stays decently on the lips. A quick dab is all it takes for it to light up my face (so day-appropriate), while piling a few more layers is all I need to achieve that sultry, fierce pack of color (but still not over the top). It also has a nice subtle glossy sheen which makes pairing it with a lip gloss optional.


However, Casabalanca is a satin; -which means that it is not the most moisturizing formula in lipstick land (but lasting power is superb!). So I make sure to pop that extra lip balm underneath before swiping this on.


Swatches:


(without flash)
(with flash)

And on me..


Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)