L'Oreal Introduces Steampod: A Revolution In Hair Smoothing + My Keratin Steam Bond Experience at Bench Fix Salon!

1:01 AM

When hair rebonding was first introduced in the market years ago, I felt that it was the miracle that I've been waiting for all this time. I have naturally wavy hair, and I have always wanted to sport long, straight hair ever since junior high. On that note, my date with hair rebonding has been an annual appointment for me. Despite the cost and length of the procedure, I didn't care at all. Having silky, straight hair has always kicked my confidence a notch higher. Little did I know that as it boosted my guts, it depleted the health of my hair.

Good thing, a new hair revolution is in town and I was lucky enough to personally witness and experience its magic! Now, it's already possible to heat-style our hair without compromising its health. Say hello to our mane's new best friend: Steampod!

Steampod is the result of a collaborative partnership between L'Oreal Professionnel and Rowenta (world leader in household appliances and inventor of steam iron). It is the first ever hair smoothing iron that delivers a continuous steam of high-pressure steam.



Yes, you read that right. The key element is steam. Steam gently opens up the cuticle, delivering the treatment into the core area of the hair. It gradually heats the hair, preventing heat shock to prevent cuticle damage. It also smooths down the cuticle, sealing the ends for a flawless finish.

Steampod offers distinct performance advantages, thanks to four technical innovations:

1. A water demineralization system for steam of unrivaled purity
2. Five temperature settings (from 170 to 210 C) depending on the desired style and sensitivity of the hair
3. An ultra-thin detachable comb to untangle hair before application
4. High-tech, anodized ceramic, adjustable plates for uniform pressure and perfect smoothing from the roots to the ends

Steam is also central to Steampod hair care products; - L'Oreal Professionnel's very first Pro-Keratin steam-activated product range. Results include long lasting straight, strengthened hair with mirror shine! These products can be used at home to sustain hair that looks shiny, nourished and protected after straightening.


(SRP - X-tenso Care Shampoo (230ml): Php400, Masque (500ml): Php1350)

It's steam-activated smoothing and repairing creams contain Pro-Keratin that:

- contains incell that strengthens fiber
- Pro-Keratin reconstructs hair
- Nutri cationic agents gives ultimate nutrition
- Formaldehyde-free (no carcinogenic gas that could be formed from ingredients activated through heat)

The power of this technology is in the X-tenso Care products used for Keratin Steam Bond and Keratin Steam Care services which are available first at selected Bench Fix salons.  Choose from these two services to transform your hair to "wow" status!


(SRP - Keratin Steam Care (Long): Php2500/ (Short): Php1500)

Keratin Steam Care Service - gives an anti-frizz smoothing effect that can last up to 3 days, if used for normal to slightly sensitive hair. But with continuos use with X-tenso Care, hair fiber is reconstructed from the inside out, preventing it from breakage and dryness.


(SRP - Keratin Steam Bond (Long): Php7500/ (Short): Php6000)

Keratin Steam Bond Service - the first steam smoothing service with the ultimate repair of Pro-Keratin found in X-tenso Care. You can opt for the Ultimate Straight Smoothing (straight and silky look until the ends of the hair), or with Natural Straight Smoothing (straight and shiny with more natural movement). I went with the latter one. :)


After spraying a generous amount of L'Oreal Pro Keratine + Incell (a protective pre-treatment) onto my hair, my attendant started parting my hair into sections.


Next, L'Oreal X-tenso Moisturist Smoothing Cream was applied all over my hair. 


After letting the treatment sit on my hair for quite a time, my hair was shampooed, rinsed and blow-dried accordingly.


Next, she used the steampod to iron my hair. I can vividly see the steam coming out from the steampod (amazing!). With regular hair rebonding, this was my most hated part because regular flat irons tend to pull my hair (ouch!). But I never experienced that inconvenience with the steampod. It glided smoothly onto my hair. Yey!


And once every part of my mane was straightened using the steampod, the neutralizer was applied. And after 15 minutes, my hair was shampooed and rinsed. Next, the X-tenso masked was applied. After rinsing it off, my hair was blow dried. 


And that's the end of the procedure! It only took 2.5hrs. My hair looked absolutely gorgeous! 


But as always, the real test was after shampooing at home. Unlike traditional hair rebonding, I was told that I could shampoo my hair after 24 hours only. I used the post-treatment kit (X-tenso Care Shampoo + X-tenso Care Nutri-Reconstructor Intensive Mask), and the result was still impeccable! 


So do I recommend Steampod and Keratin Steam Bond? Definitely!

For more information about L'Oreal professionnel Steampod and its #hairrevolution campaign, visit www.lorealprofessionnel.com. Like L'Oreal Professionel Philippines on Facebook and/or Follow @LorealProPH on Twitter and Instagram.

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)