Nars Workshop at Shangri La4:13 PM
I went yesterday at Nars workshop to give my support to Lara and to get a peek of Nars skincare as well. Mark, their foreign artist guest, was very nice and incredibly funny! He taught us how to properly prepare the face before applying make up with their super amazing skin care line and he also showed us some application techniques. I am also proud to say that my boyfriend came with me and waited for me until the workshop ended. He was so sweet for waiting for me for almost 4 hours. :)
Here is the list of the products (and site description) that I used during the workshop:
1. Make Up Cleansing Oil
An advanced achievement in removing makeup and impurities. The first step to the cleansing process, Cleansing Oil cleans deep within pores to prepare the skin for more effective next-step cleansing. Skin feels non-greasy, soft, and refreshed.
- Exclusive technology enables use on wet or dry skin
- Breaks down makeup and excess oil on skin’s surface, dissolves build-up, and improves clarity
- Can be used on face, eyes, and lips
- Softens skin to reveal a refreshed and supple complexion
- Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested
- 6.7 Fl. Oz. 200 mL
Directions for use: Apply two to three pumps of make up cleansing oil to wet or dry palms. Gently massage onto face using circular motions to loosen make up and impurities. Rinse with warm water.
2. Balancing Toning Lotion
A dual-purpose toning lotion that helps maintain balance in the skin while promoting moisture. Helps remove excess sebum while the addition of natural botanicals help condition and soothe the skin resulting in a healthy, polished complexion.
- Softens skin to enhance moisturizer performance
- Tightens pores
- Removes excess sebum
- Helps control oil and breakouts
- 6.7 Fl. Oz. 200mL
Directions for use: After cleansing, saturate a cotton pad and sweep over skin in circular motions. For best results, use morning and evening to prepare skin for moisturizer. Dermatologist tested.
3. Aqua Gel Hydrator
An ultra-luxurious, lightweight gel-cream mask comprised of 87% water to deliver intense hydration to dull, dehydrated skin. Once massaged into the skin, exclusive technology ensures optimal moisture delivery to provide hydration throughout the night. This water-rich treatment enriched with skin conditioners imparts skin with a soft and smooth, luminous appearance.
- Increases luminosity
- Net Wt. 3.6 Oz. 100 mL
Directions for use: Apply a generous amount of product over face and throat. Massage using circular motions until product has absorbed into skin. For best results, use in the evening and leave on overnight. Use as often as needed to supplement skin with moisture. Dermatologist tested.
4. Nourishing Eye Cream
A luxurious, lightweight revitalizing eye cream that enhances moisture using Active Phytoseed Complex. The added benefits of Fennel contribute revitalizing and retexturizing properties for a smoother appearance, while natural botanicals help soothe and condition the skin. Improves skin’s resilience while creating the perception of fewer fine lines and imparting radiant luminosity.
Directions for use: Gently apply a small amount of product around eye area using light tapping motions. For best results, use morning and evening. Dermatologist tested. Ophthalmologist tested.
5. Brightening Serum
A fast-acting, lightweight serum that visibly brightens skin after only one application, immediately improving the appearance of dull complexions by promoting clarity and brightness. A more radiant and even skin tone is immediately attainable through a unique combination of Active Phytoseed Complex, powerful antioxidants and Fennel, revealing a luminous complexion and youthful glow.
- Creates instantly brighter, more radiant skin
Directions for use: Dispense product and gently massage over face and throat. For best results, use every morning for visibly brighter skin. Dermatologist tested.
B. Make Up Wardrobe
1. Make Up Primer
Soothes and prepares skin with natural botanicals and vitamins while creating a protective base for longer-lasting, natural looking foundation application and wear. The airy, lightweight oil-free gel cream formulation helps reduce redness and inflammation while increasing hydration. Worn under foundation, powder or alone, the result is translucent, healthy looking skin.
- Includes Echinacea, Grape Extract, Green Tree Extract, Kiwi Extract & Lavender Extract
- No silicone, no oil, no synthetic fragrance
I personally prefer this over the primer with SPF since I find it blends easily on my skin and it doesn't leave a white cast as well.
2. Sheer Matte Foundation in Deauville
An oil-free, soft matte-finish foundation with sheer, buildable coverage that controls oil and shine throughout the day. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, skin is more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Matte Foundation improves skin brightness, radiance and texture. For normal to oily skin types.
I must say that this has deceit coverage and controls oils really well. However, I did not like its satiny finish on my skin. If I were to choose between Sheer Matte or Sheer Glow, I would pick Sheer Glow. Perhaps, I would just need to find a nice finishing loose powder that would go well with Sheer Glow. But with all the Nars liquid foundation that I have ever tried, the Nars Firming Foundation is my top pick.
Since the skin on your face is not created equal, one shade of concealer may not suffice. The NARS Duo Concealer palette features two complementary shades to suit an array of complexions.
The lighter shade brings brightness to the eyes, while the darker one can be used to blend directly with skin tone. Duo Concealer is lightweight but still able to provide smooth, opaque coverage to eradicate skin redness, imperfections, and under-eye shadows.
- With turmeric root extract and a Vitamin C derivative to help boost radiance and brightness, and even out skin tone
- Creamy and completely crease-resistant
- Synthetic fragrance-free formula
- Available in three duo combination
According to Mark, the Ginger concealer has peach undertones that corrects dark areas around the eyes and Custard is designed to be applied on the upper lids and around the nose for a more flawless look. :)
This powder is triple milled and provides sheer, ultra-natural coverage to set makeup, soften color and smooth the texture of the skin for an overall radiant complexion. The silky-smooth texture blends undetectably into the skin, absorbs excess oils and maintains fresh looking skin with an imperceptible finish. Packaged complete with its own powder puff and both plastic and mesh sifters to provide the finest, most natural application possible.
- Triple-milled powder corrects and softens color
- Enriched with Vitamin E
- Packaged with a powder puff and both plastic and mesh sifters to provide the finest application possible
I love its coverage and how it sets my make up!
The iconic NARS Multiple is now available in four bronzing shades to compliment every skin tone. This multi-use stick-style Bronzer is formulated to strengthen, support and repair the skin while creating an all-over warmth and contour for the entire face.
Just like the popular Multiple, the Multiple Bronzer can be used on the eyes, lips, cheeks or body. With an effort to stray away from the look of heavily matted skin, François Nars' Multiple has an oil free, cream to powder texture, which is safe for use on the entire face or the body.
- Skin radiates an ultra-natural sun-kissed glow
- New anti-oxidant rich, matte formula
- Easy blendability makes for mistake-proof application
I am not so much into contouring but I still recommend this product. I could not believe how it appeared sheer on my skin. If not for its price tag, I might grab a stick soon!
Mark used Silk Road and Indian Summer as base and Brousse on the crease. Believe me, the end result was G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!
7. Eyeliner Stylo in Blue Bayou
Femme Fatale eyes with epic effects. The super-fine precision tip of this liquid eyeliner allows for maximum control during application, ensuring a precise, even line with just one stroke. The quick-drying formula delivers a high dose of pigment for optimum coverage and intense color.
- High pigment formula provides optimum coverage and intense color
- Long-wearing, quick-dry formula shapes and defines eyes - lasts all day
- Super-fine precision tip ensures an even line - thick or thin.
- Gently lift and hold the eyelid taut with one hand while applying the Stylo with the other hand
- Point the Stylo towards the inner corner of the eye. Lay the Stylo flat along the lash line and glide towards the center of the eye
- Reverse the Stylo so that it points towards the outer corner of the eye. Lay the Stylo flat along the lash ling and glide towards the center of the eye and connect to the line that began at the inner corner TIP: Angle the Stylo upwards when creating the line from the outer corner so that eyes appear more open. TIP: Line eye with eye pencil first to create an outline, then trace over with Eyeliner Stylo. TIP: Use Eye Makeup Remover to remove.
8. Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
- Distinctive square brush is designed for optimum color pick-up.
- NARS Signature “honeycomb” bristles, with two hollow channels, allow for even distribution on lashes.
- Every lash is coated with a velvety finish; no clumping, smudging or flaking.
This product is gorgeous but I think drugstore mascaras can also give the same end result. I even love my Cover Girl lash Blast more.
9. Blush in Gina
The perfect tangerine for me! I super loved it that I grabbed one for myself! :) I'll be writing a separate review on this amazing
10. Lip Treatmet: Lip lacquer in Hot Wire
Lip Color: Schiap
Lip Gloss: Turkish delight
This combo gave me nice pink Barbie doll lips. I love it!
*After the workshop, Bam and I asked Mark for an autograph and he cheerfully signed our information sheets. Here's mine: :)
And as I mentioned earlier, I decided to get the Gina blush. Again, I left Shangri La with a bigger smile and with another pouch.. :)
Peace and Love!