Mac Flamingo Lipstick

1:06 PM

I almost did not get Mac Flamingo lipstick from the recent Iris Apfel collection because it's a lustre. And as much as I adore the feel of lustre lipsticks on my lips (smooth and hydrating), I feel that they don't really do much on my pigmented lips. If I need a sheer wash of color on my puckers, I have a ton of colored lip balms (which are definitely less expensive) that will serve that purpose. You see, I changed over the years. I sold most of my lustre lipsticks and preferred full pack color on my lips.

But I didn't know what exactly triggered me in getting Flamingo. Funny because I bought it even without testing it on my lips (blame lazy and germ phobic me). Now that I think about it more, it might be perhaps because most people say it's comparable to Ever Hip (which I missed) or maybe because the hype of the whole Iris Apfel collection swoon me over.

Nevertheless, bottom line is, I am extremely grateful that I got Flamingo lipstick. It's gorgeous on the tube. And it is even more appealing on my lips!


More pictures after the jump!


Flamingo is a muted pinky-coral shade that for a lustre, has so much pigmentation on. It's like the perfect blend of the creaminess of a cremesheen and the glistening finish of a lustre. Despite having pigmented lips, I did not have a hard time in piling the color on my lips. Two quick swipes and the color was on. It perks up my face with just the right amount of freshness; - perfect for casual days! Another thing that I love about this shade is that it doesn't wash me out. With this, I can skip the hassle of putting a heavy eye make up and perhaps just dust a bit of blush on my cheeks and I'm all set. This is also a color that I bet will work on a wide range of  skin tones. 

Swatches:


Mac Flamingo lipstick in action!


The only downside, it's freaking limited (shocker!). 

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)