What's In My Travel Make Up Bag?

1:25 PM

Hi dolls! I'll be flying tomorrow for a short trip to Bali, Indonesia so I thought of sharing with y'all the contents inside my trusty travel make up bag. I'm struggling to pack light since I always feel the need to bring my whole bedroom whenever I go. But for make up, my huge fear of losing/breaking them makes me carry just the products that I really need.

For starters, this is my official travel make up pouch. I got this from Nars as a gift-with-purchase years ago. I love that this pouch has three compartments - an open one with lipstick slots, a zipped one, and another one to hold my brushes.



And these are the products that I would be bringing with me!

For base make up, I always bring my oldie but goodie Mac Studio Fix Fluid. This is just my go-to fool-proof foundation. I like that I can wear this as sheer as I want or pack it on for more coverage. It lasts all day and it dries to a beautiful semi-matte finish. It has SPF 15 but it doesn't give my face a weird white cast when photographed with flash. It looks beautiful in pictures. Just in case you're wondering, I'm in the shade NC20.



I will also bring my favorite cushion, IOPE Air Cushion (Matte Long Wear) in N21 (reviewed HERE) because it has SPF 50+ PA+++ which will always come handy just in case I'll feel the need to slap more SPF on my face. Just like the Mac Studio Fix Fluid, this behaves well on top of my Belo Sunexpert Face Cover sunblock.



I don't wear powders that often these day but I still like carrying my Mac Blot Powder in Medium with me. I sometimes use this to set my foundation but I mostly just keep it for touch ups. I like that it takes away unwanted shine without looking cakey in any way.



To keep my eye brows on fleek all the time, I use my Mac Retractable Eye Brow Pencil in Brunette to fill them in. To set them, I use my Mac Clear Brow Gel to make sure my brow hairs stay in place. 



I know my tube is ridiculously opaque (and gross) now and needs to be tossed soon. I go through a tube of this like crazy (every around 2-3 mos) because I use this baby every single day to set my eye brows. Promise, I'll get a new one at the Duty Free. :)

I also have really oily eye lids and if I don't use a primer, everything in that area will just crease (even foundation). To make sure everything stays put where I want them to be, I prime my lids with my holy grail Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Primer. This is the BEST! I've tried Urban Decay Primer Potion and Mac Paintpots and those crease so bad on me. For more deets, you can check my blog post HERE.



For mascara, I'll be bringing my Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara. This is one of the best mascaras that Maybelline has ever released in my opinion. I hoarded a massive amount of this mascara when it was released (for a limited time only) here in Manila. Sadly, I'm already on my last tube. It separates, volumizes and lengthens my lashes. Best of all, it holds the curl up all day. It's a little hard to remove with cleanser alone, but nothing can withstand my Nar Eye Make Up Remover so no biggie.

My holy grail eyelash curler is this one from Shu Uemura. My ever-reliable tool in curling my lashes without pinching my eyelids. I tried other branded ones before (Shiseido, Nars, Koji) and hands down, this is really the best eyelash curler in town! Sadly, Shu Uemura is no longer available here in Manila.



For my cheeks, I always travel with this Nars Voulez Vous Cheek & Eye Palette (LE) because it has Deep Throat, which is my all-time fave blush from Nars (next is Orgasm). I like how this gives me the most natural flush without being overly glittery or plain flat. I also love that this shade works beautifully with any lipstick color. Add to that, this palette has four gorgeous neutral eye shadows too that I can pop if I feel wearing a wash of color on my lids. The shadows are so buttery and has minimal kick up that I can apply them with my just my fingers (hence, I'm not taking any eye brushes).



And because traveling means taking a ton of pictures, I like to give myself a nice contour. To achieve that perfectly chiseled cheeks, I use my Mac Taupe Blush. I won't say so much about this blush because I did a whole blog post about it already (which you can read HERE).



Now for my lips. I like how lip bold colors transition in pictures so I'll be bringing one of my favorite hot pink lipstick of all time - Mac Impassioned. If you've seen my travel photos in the past on Instagram (@becsandiego) and I was rocking a hot pink lip, 90% of the time, I was wearing this shade. And just because I like having options with my lip colors, I'll be taking Mac Please Me as well which is a muted pink.



I rarely travel with my beautyblender because I hate cleaning it every after use. So for the time being, I'll be sticking with my brushes.



1. Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush which still up to this day, is my fave brush to buff my foundation. I bought the one from Zoeva too and that one was so scratchy that it has been collecting dusts in my make up drawer.


2. Sigma Brow and Lash E80 to brush through my brow hairs and to soften any harsh markings I made while filling my eye brows.

3. To apply my blot powder, I use my Zoeva 106 Powder Brush. This is one of my fave brushes from Zoeva. It is very soft and it doesn't shed. It's big enough for me to dust powder all over my face in a flash.

4. For contouring, I like working with my Sigma Small Contour F05 which is said to be a great dupe from the Mac 109 Small Contour Brush. I love this brush but I find that it is getting scratchy already so I'm torn between getting a new one or buying the one from Mac. Hmm, we'll see.

5. My all-time fave blush brush - Nars Yachiyo Kabuki Brush. This works like a dream! So expensive, but worth every penny.

6. Lastly, I'm taking my Zoeva 105 Luxe Highlight brush because the champagne shadow in my Nars palette works great as a cheek highlighter too (just in case I want to look extra beaming). 

And that's everything in my travel make up bag! 


As always, thanks for stopping by.:)

P.S. I'm taking a sample sachet of the Smashbox face primer too (forgot to take a pic).

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)