Nars Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil

5:02 PM

When my ever reliable Nars MUA informed me that the new Nars Satin Lip Pencils were already available at the Nars Shang counter, I scrammed. With a giddy heart and an intention to get Yu (shocking pink), I was at the Nars counter in no time. Unfortunately, I swatched Yu and Mac Girl About Town next to each other (see swatch) and got the dupe alert! So I skipped Yu, and followed my Nars MUA recommendation and settled for Lodhi instead. Let me tell you, best decision (and reco) ever!



Described as "vibrant coral", Lodhi brightens my face in a swipe without being too neon. It's a fun, warm pop of color that definitely spells summer with a capital S. I can also see this shade performing splendidly on various skin tones (light to deep), especially with warm undertones.




I'm not a big fan of satin-finish lipsticks (err.. Mac), because they mostly make my lips peel and hurt. But this one is spectacular, really. The formula is to die for! It packs a punch of color in one easy swipe, hydrates the lips and stays decently for hours without migrating. It goes on really creamy and feels very comfortable on the lips.



If you're like me who's living in a tropical (humid) weather, I'm sure you know what this kind of temperature could do to one helpless creamy lipstick - melt! But since this is housed in a jumbo pencil form, I could go away with toting this inside my bag anytime of the day. 


Unlike the Velvet Matte lip pencils, this one doesn't taste nor smell a bit crayon-like to me. It tastes a little peculiar (kinda metallic) at first swipe, but the taste goes away in a sec. 


The only downfall is that it's in a jumbo pencil form and it needs sharpening. Sorry to disappoint most of you, but it doesn't twist up. Meaning, a portion of the product would go to waste every time you sharpen it. Add to that, you need to have the right sharpener, size-wise. I use my Nars sharpener which came in a Velvet Matte Lip Pencil set years ago. I heard the one from Stila fits well too.


Swatch!



In action!



Nars Satin Lip Pencils is part of the permanent line and retail for Php1,450. You can purchase these at Nars boutiques or counters inside Rustan's.

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)