YSL Water-Resistant Cream Eye Shadow in Amethyst Grey

6:58 PM

I am not fond of putting cream eye shadows on my lids. I find that most of my cream eye shadows when used alone tend to crease like crazy. Yes, I love using them as bases but I want a cream shadow that is pretty when worn alone but does double duty as a base for powder shadows too. I really had no intentions of getting one, but when I saw this gorgeous color, I just knew I need to have it. 


It was not a total shock for me when I read that this particular product was named as Best Splurge in Allure magazine's "Best of Beauty" (October 2009 issue). YSL described this as a cream eyeshadow in an infinitely lightweight texture, providing a delightful feeling of freshness when applied; - providing the eyelids with a long-lasting, luminous and waterproof veil of colour. And let me tell you, every word in that description fits this product perfectly. 

 

The shadow that I have is #2 Amethyst Grey. This is such a gorgeous versatile color. It's a silver gray color with lilac undertones. This is one of those shadows that can go from day to night! I can make it appear as a sheer faint sheen during the day or build it up to an opaque solid gunmetal grey for a more suitable night look. This cream shadow genuinely stood by its name. It is truly creaseless and it last all day. Everything about it really impressed me; - from the luxurious packaging, the satiny feel and the metallic finish to its undeniably long staying power (more than 12 hours). Application is also a breeze. I just apply this with my (clean) fingers and it blends easily. The smooth mousse like gel texture sets to a powdery-satin finish that even my oily lids couldn't slide off. The color set in no time at all and again, you can totally layer it for a softer or deeper vibe. It is also highly pigmented that I only need a tiny amount of color to cover my lids. This pot will surely last me a long time to finish. It also works great as a liner. This is my new Holy Grail cream shadow (as of now). :)


Here are some swatches:


( Natural lighting )

( With Flash Photography )


The only miss point is the limited color selection (only four). I hope YSL will add more colors in this line. But other than that, it's perfect (for me). I highly recommend this! Regular price is US$30 but it's worth every penny :)

How about you? What's your holy grail cream shadow?
Please do share. I would love to read all your recommendations. 

Until then.

Peace and Love!
:D

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

3 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)