YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #2 Sensual Silk

6:37 PM

I am not fond of nude lipsticks on myself. But I go giggly every time I see photos of girls sporting that heavy eye make up and then they neutralize it with nude lips. These people really wow me, big time! I would love to be able to do that (without any help from a PRO) soon. But first, I must scout for that best nude lipstick, right? So, I did my research and got a good number of recommendations. Yeah, special thanks to YouTube gurus, blog sisters and a couple of beauty forums. :) I did several swatches but most of them washed me out very badly, while few exhibited good colors but so-so formulation. I actually liked Nars Chelsea Girls, but the downside is that it's in a pot (and it is out of stock). So I told myself that I only need one (in the meantime), so I decided that I should settle with what I think is the best, right?  

So I picked this (and I got this on sale, btw):


That gorgeous lipstick is Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in #2 Sensual Silk.


Why do I adore this lipstick? Several reasons, namely:

Luxurious packaging
Has a cute tiny mirror on top of the lid 
Buttery consistency 
Extremely soft, creamy and light formulation 
Well pigmented
Full coverage lipstick
Very moisturizing
Has SPF 15
Gorgeous color (pinkish nude)
Perfect nude for my fair skin
Smells and tastes fantastic (I'm obsessed with the fruity scent) 

Here are some swatches:

 (Natural Lighting)

(With Flash Photography)

But no lipstick is really perfect, right?

Here are some considerations:
The label on the tube carries only the number, not the name of the color.
Since it's really creamy, it can be a little tricky to apply.But nothing major really (thanks to an invention called "lip brush").
It is so silky and soft, I might finish this tube in no time.
Weaker staying power compared to most of my high-end lipsticks.
And the biggest consideration is its hefty price tag (US$34).  


But nevertheless, this is an awesome lipstick! And here's  my attempt to nail this lipstick :)


I love it! Mission accomplished! Thanks YSL! :)


Should I wear nude lipsticks more often? As always, let me know what you think, ayt?

Until then.


Peace and Love!
:D

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

10 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)