NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara in Black

3:12 PM

I typically don't spend a huge fortune on mascaras. I always fight that urge to jump to the hype that most high end mascaras create. But when I tried the Nars Larger Than Life Volumizing mascara (from the Jet Setter Kit), my lashes blinked insanely out of admiration! Damn, this thing is a bomb in a tube!

Pictures here!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Description from Nars: 
  • Distinctive square brush is designed for optimum color pick up.
  • Nars Signature "honeycomb" bristles, with two hollow channels, allow even distribution on lashes.
  • Every lash is coated with velvety finish; no clumping, smudging or flaking.
  • Creates a thick fringe that's lush and lavish. High drama lashes that are bigger than ever. 

Well, kudos to Mr. Nars because this mascara definitely lives up to its description! Housed in Nars signature rubbery packaging (that gets dirty easily but provides a good grip of the tube) and with a wand that is a bit larger (but not in a bad way) than usual, this mascara is for anyone who is looking for a mascara that delivers. 

I have straight skimpy lashes and this bad boy separates, thickens and coats them with a rich, deep, intense black pigment. It's unique brush also does a great job in getting even the tiny lashes on the corners of my eye. I also love that I can literally pile as many coats as I want with zero clumping! In addition, I live in a very humid country and this mascara stays put all day long. It doesn't smudge, budge, transfer, flake and the best part.. it holds the curl of my lashes like nobody's business! Seriously, my lashes stay fuller, curled, and flirty for the entire day. 

One more thing, this mascara stays viable for a very long time. I am using mine for more than three months now and it is still delivers as if I just opened it yesterday. My best friend also started using this late last year and according to her, it still does the job superbly. So if I do the math, investing on this mascara (Php1350) is quite cost-effective. (Unless of course, if you religiously follow the three-month-rule in mascaras.)

It is also enriched with Vitamin E and Macadamia nut oil to keep the lashes soft and healthy. It is fragrance free, ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers. 

Now, time for more pictures. I applied my mascara at 4pm and took this picture before I removed my make up at 1 am (no kidding!)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sorry for my low resolution pics, but hopefully you can see that my lashes are still perfectly curled even after 9 hours!

The only downside is that this is a sucker to take off. Make sure you are armed with a good eye make up remover or else, prepare yourself in spending a lot of time in the bathroom scratching your lids and using excessive amount of facial wash. To get rid of this, I use my trusty Nars Eye Make Up remover. Also, it only volumizes the lashes, it doesn't lengthen them. However, it works amazing paired with Nars Larger Than Life Lengthening mascara. :)

Will you be picking this mascara soon? Share your thoughts!

Until then.

Peace and Love!
:D

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

6 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)