Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Rose

8:17 PM

I almost bought the Chanel Rouge Coco in #5 Mademoiselle when it first came out. But I remember trying to finish another my-lips-but-better-shade lippie back then so I postponed that purchase. And then a few days later, I read a news flash from the beauty blogsphere; - a dead on dupe for Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle has been found! And what made this revelation more interesting is it's from Revlon; - a drugstore brand that is highly affordable. And yes, the particular shade that they were referring to is Revlon Colorbust lipstick in Soft Rose.


More pictures after the jump!



This is my first Revlon lipstick and I must say that this particular line is so up there with higher end brands that I've tried in the past; - both packaging and formula wise. I love the quilted packaging and how the word "Revlon" is neatly stamped on the lipstick (very Chanel-like imo). The color of the cap matches the actual shade of the lipstick as well.

Soft Rose is a warm rosy reddish brown shade that goes as a fantastic my-lips-but-better shade. I have natural rosy lips and this suits them perfectly. I also love how soft and creamy this lipstick is. It glides smoothly on the lips and is very moisturizing. I also find that it wears really well and lasts decently. I also noticed how it leaves a nice even tint on my lips. And unlike cheaper lipsticks, this doesn't have any funky scent to it.

However, due to its soft texture, this lipstick tends to melt easily. I wouldn't mind that at all since I am used to my Mac Cremesheens and Chanel Rouge Coco's falling a part in no time due to humidity. But since Revlon discontinued this shade already (booh!), the thought that I can't get it anymore once I run out bothers me. So I am not letting our tropical weather expedite that. 

Swatches:

(without flash)
(with flash)

And on me..


And here's a comparison with Chanel Mademoiselle lipstick.

(full credit to source)

Revlon Colorburst lipsticks retail for Php575 a pop and is available in all Revlon counters nationwide.

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)