MAC Victorian Lipstick

10:45 PM

Victorian lipstick was part of Mac Spring Colour 2 Forecast Collection which was released 2 years ago. I remember that period was the height of my passion for make up (and I was just starting with my blog), but for some peculiar reason, I managed not to pick anything from the collection (go figure!). So when I saw this lipstick on a blog sale, I snatched it immediately. 


More pictures after the jump!


Victorian is a frosty soft fluorescent pink with gold shimmers. It actually reminded me of a more pink version of Nars Super Orgasm lip gloss but in a lipstick form. The color is gorgeous, but the formulation sucks. Yes, it's creamy and opaque. But it's it a pain to put on. I find it goes blotchy (which is the reason for my uneven lip swatch below) and its frostiness settles into the lines of my lips. I also resent how the gold shimmers in it stay adhered to my lips when the actual color fades away (not a pretty sight!).  It is also drying and doesn't have the greatest lasting power. It's a shame because the actual color is gorgeous. I bet if it was an amplified or even a satin, I would love it forever. 

Swatches:


And on me..


So Mac Victorian lipstick is definitely a big let down for me. Weird because I remember trying it on before and loved it. But perhaps, the conspicuous lighting at the mall played games with my sight. 

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)