My Current Beauty Favorites

5:07 PM

I know that I've been slacking from blogging these past few years. But if there is one thing that you all should know, my love for beauty did not fade through the years. I may not be posting my beauty hauls as much as before, but believe me, my make up addict alter ego still lingers beneath my soul.

Now to compensate for my semi-absence on the beauty blogging world, I made a list of my current beauty favorites. Most of them are new discoveries whilst others are just old time faves. Since I just posted my skin care routine HERE, I'll just concentrate on make up and a few bits and bobs.


Just a brief overview - a lot have changed with my beauty choices over time. I embraced the glowy skin look which you will definitely see with most of the products mentioned in this post. 

Case in point, I barely touched my MUFE mattifying primer and opted for illuminating and blurring primers this year. I just enjoyed how these added that subtle glow on my skin. Two primers that made my world turn upside down were:



1. Becca First Light Priming Filter Face Primer

I got a sample packet of this primer with my Nordstrom order and it made my heart sing from the moment I put this on. It has a purple tint to it that corrects dull skin and evens out imperfections. Calm down, it does not appear purple on the skin. It adds a nice sheen that makes the skin look immaculately glowing. I even wear this just by itself sometimes because I could not get over how it makes my skin look stunning. It has a nice slip to it making my foundation application go seamlessly. The only thing is I don't find that this extends the wear of my make up.

2. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Now, if I want my make up to stay put all day but without looking overly matte, I reach for this instead. I was a bit skeptical with this primer at first because I tend to break out with products labeled with the word "mineral". Like the Becca one, I sampled this before and fell in love with how it made my skin feel silky smooth without the silicone-y feel. It made my foundation glide flawlessly on my skin. This primer might be pricey, but I kid you not, every drop of this primer is so worth it in my opinion. It minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines and has SPF15. It even has a pump!

I have also been on a huge foundation kick. I'm not the type of gal who buys multiple foundations in one go. But there were a lot of pretty amazing foundations that were launched last year that ticked my pickle. Although not all of them turned out amazing on my skin (like Hourglass), I'm still pumped because I found my new holy grail foundation.



3. Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation in Creme 011

This is one of the most raved foundations in the beauty industry, mainly because of Jaclyn Hill. So I headed to the Dior counter and got colored match to Creme 011. This shade suits my skin and undertone perfectly. It has just the right amount of warmth of it - not too yellow nor pink. Turned out, it is an Asia exclusive shade which is always out of stock. Gladly my husband was able to find one for me at the Nagoya Airport Duty Free.



This foundation glides like a dream on my skin and leaves a demi matte finish. It has medium coverage that I can easily build up to a full coverage without caking up. I really love how this makes my skin look impeccable - youthful and healthy looking. It does not cling to any of my dry patches and does not settle into my fine lines. It lasts about 12 hrs on me. It also has SPF 35 but I never had any issues with flash photography.

One downfall is that like most high end foundations, this is scented which may be a deal breaker for others. But I personally love the subtle floral scent of this foundation. Despite the additional fragrance, this did not break me out.



4. YSL All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation



Now, if I want a straight-up full coverage foundation, my go-to is the YSL All Hours Foundation. It is marketed as a very long lasting foundation and it truly is. I wore this on a humid day in Divisoria and several hours later, I looked in the mirror and my foundation was still on point - no breaking apart. Come to think of it, this foundation actually looks better the longer it stays on the skin.

Compared to my Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation, I like this one a little much better because this is matte, but not flat on the skin. The Marc Jacobs is a true matte that sometimes can look drying on my skin. This one sits comfortably on my skin as well.

The only downside is I ordered this online and the shade I chose (BD25) is a little dark on my skin. This is also scented which I don't mind at all.



5. beautyblender



And I finally ditched my foundation brush and jumped into the beautyblender bandwagon. Tell you what, this really changed the game with my foundation application. I find that my foundation sits seamlessly on my face every time I use my beautyblender. I prefer the finish that it gives. I also use this to pat my setting powder. It might be a bit costly for a make up sponge, but there is a good reason why every beauty company is trying to dupe it. A must-have in my opinion!

6. Benefit Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil and 7. Benefit Precisely My Brow Eyebrow Pencil


I've used Mac Retractable Brow Pencil in Brunette for the longest time. I still love it and I probably have two unused ones tucked inside my make up drawer. But ever since I went back to wearing darker hair, I find reaching for my Benefit Brow products more and more. I'm wearing the shade Medium 03 and it matches my hair perfectly - not too warm nor too ashy. Both eye brow pencil lasts all day on me too.



When I don't have that extra 5-10 minutes for my eye brows, I use the Goof Proof because it's angled and I can be out-and-about in a minute. The only thing I did not like with Goof Proof  is that it breaks easily which is a complete waste of the product. Bummer!

Now, if I need to draw a crisp tail or I want my brows to appear fuller, I reach for Precisely My Brow. I like how tiny the tip of this brow pencil is because it really makes creating fake brow hairs a walk in the park. The spoolie brush on the other end of the pencil is a life saver as well. 



7.  Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara and 8. L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara



Now lets talk about my current fave mascara combo. I seriously want to kick myself because I just finally tried the infamous Majolica Majorca Lash King mascara and it is really rave worthy. I love how this mascara gives my lashes so much oomph and length. It keeps my lashes curled all day long. It doesn't flake and doesn't bleed. Sadly, Majolica Majorca is no longer available in the Philippines. Needless to say, I hoarded a bunch during my last trip to Japan.

Now, another mascara that created a lot of buzz last year was the L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara which was tagged as a dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I gave this a whirl and on its own, I don't like it that much because it doesn't hold the curl all day which is a deal breaker for me. But when paired with Majolica Majorca Lash King, this brings my lashes to the next level. It makes my lashes look so much thicker - almost like I have falsies on.

Another make up product that I totally did not care for that much before was concealer. I basically survived with just my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and Bobbi Brown cream concealer for the longest time. I just use concealer to hide occasional zits. But now, I totally enjoy highlighting my under eye area and the high points of my face with it. I used to love my Mac Pro Long Wear concealer for that purpose but I hate its packaging. Now, I reach for my Tarte Shape Tape concealer more than any of my concealers.

9. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Light Sand and Light Neutral



The doe-foot applicator of this concealer makes it easy for me to put this on areas where I need to cover or to highlight. I use the shade Light Neutral which is peachy in tone to counteract my dark bags and then Light Sand which is yellow in tone to brighten the center of my face.



 This is probably one of the most full coverage concealers that I have ever owned. I only need a light swipe to cover my target areas. I do not need to set this concealer with powder as well. It lasts all day without creasing on me. However, I find that sometimes it can look a bit dry on me so I always make sure to prep my under eye area with an eye cream before putting this on.

10. Anastasia Contour Kit in Light Medium



I seriously got myself one just to see for myself if this palette is worth the hype. You know what - it really is. I like that every single shade in this palette works well on my skin tone. I mix the 1st two pans (Vanilla and Banana) together to set my under eye concealer and then use the 3rd pan (Sand) to highlight. To chisel the cheek bones, I use Fawn (very similar to my beloved Mac Taupe blush) and I use Java and Havana as transition eye shadows.



Another make up trend that I happily jumped into is using a highlighter. Funny how I never cared for them before but now, I feel missing a cheek bone every time I forgot to swipe some glorious shimmer on the high points of my face. I own a few from Mac, Becca and Laura Mercier but I think I can ditch them all and just use this palette from ABH.

11. Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sun Dipped



First point - love the massive size of the pans. My favorites are Summer and Moonstone. I like that they can go as blinding as I want if I pack them on, or just as a subtle glow by just patting it onto the skin with a damped beautyblender. I use the darker shades - Bronze and Tourmaline as eye shadows and they both look stunning on the lids.



12. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3 (Holiday 2017) Palette



Every time I travel, I tend to bring a face palette with me. My trusty Nars broke so I decided to pass the job to this palette. It has everything that I need really. I mostly use Diffused Light to set my under eye concealer, Dim Light as a finishing powder and Luminous Bronze Light to add warmth to the skin. The blush shades (Surreal Halo and Pure Effect) are up in my alley too.


13. Tom Ford Soleil Contouring Compact - The Afternooner



This palette screams luxury at its finest and I also bring this with me every now and then when I travel. The highlight is so on point - it looks divine on the skin. It adds that intense glow but without accentuating any texture on the skin. The matte bronzer maybe a tad warmer than what I normally go for, but it's still really pretty. My fave in this palette is the blush. It gives me just the right amount of flush. It is slightly shimmery so it also adds that nice sheen on the cheeks. Best of all, every single color in this palette stays all day on me.



Speaking of blush, another one that I have been constantly reaching for is this one from Mac.

14. Mac Prolong Wear Blush in Stay Pretty



When I learned that Mac will be discontinuing their Prolong Wear blush line, I hauled a ton and this one in the shade Stay Pretty got the most wear from me. It may be just another pink blush stacked in my stash, but when applied on my cheeks, it gives me the most natural pink flush. The staying power is also superb.



I'm also starting to widen my nude lipstick collection - from one lonely Guerlain lipstick, I now own at least 8 nude-ish lipsticks. I'm still getting the hang of using nudes to be honest. But there is one particular shade that I have been loving to bits and it's this one from Charlotte Tilbury.



15. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in Between The Sheets (Limited Edition)


If you haven't tried the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, you're definitely missing out. Beauty gurus all over the world are raving about them and there is a good reason for that - they are just incredible! This is a shade that I could not help but wear all the time. The color is so rich and pigmented that I only need one swipe to completely cover my natural lip color. It's a matte but not drying in any way. 

In action!



But fret not, I still love my bold and bright lipsticks. I recently joined the bandwagon and gave Pat McGrath lipsticks a go. I bought 4 shades and the one that has been living inside my purse is this little guy called Profumo.

16. Pat McGrat Luxetrance lipstick in Profumo



Believe the hype about these lipsticks from Pat because they are really exquisite - packaging and formula wise. They are comparable to my Christian Louboutin lipsticks but more than half the price. Surprisingly, I even find Pat MacGrath's lipsticks better than the ones I have from Tom Ford. This shade called Profumo is described as a neutral pink and it is the best everyday medium pink lipstick. It is very creamy and quite nourishing on the lips. 

On me!



17. YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 52 Rouge Rose



This lipstick purchase was influenced greatly by Korean actress Jhun Ji-hyun which starred in one of my all time fave Korean drama - My Love From The Star. I have always been a fan of Jhun Ji-hyun (because of Sassy Girl), so when I learned that this was the lipstick shade that she wore in My Love From The Star, I added it to my cart in a snap.

Rouge Rose is a bright pinky coral shade that screams summer to me. I can go with a bare face and just wear this on its own and still look that I made an effort. It instantly brings life to my face. The formula is very easy to work with too. It glides perfectly without being too slippery that it bleeds all over. It's creamy, pigmented and has a nice sheen to it. It is scented though which I read most people find a bit overpowering, but not for me.


Swatches!


18. Lucas Papaw Ointment



I got this as a pabili that turned into a pasalubong instead from a friend (thanks Peter) all the way from Australia. It is a multi purpose balm that soothes chapped lips, dry skin, insect bites and so much more. I mainly use this to saturate my lips at night and I love waking up to brand new lips in the morning. What sets this apart from all the lip balms that I have used in the past is that I find that my lips stayed moisturized for days every time I use this. I can get away with not putting lip balm for about a day or two which is something that is astonishing for me. In the past, I cannot skip putting a lip balm otherwise my lips will crack again. No wonder people can't stop raving about this product. It is definitely holy-grail material!

19. Jo Malone Basil & Neroli Cologne



I love Jo Malone and I already have Peony and Blush Suede and Nectarine Blossom and Honey and I seriously don't need a new fragrance. But one day before boarding my flight, I sniffed their massive selection at the Duty Free and fell in love with a new scent - Basil & Neroli. I'm not great in describing scents but let me give it a try. This is a citrus scent that will NOT make you smell like a walking fruit cocktail. It is just a refreshing scent that I have no issues spraying my whole body with. Definitely picking a full size bottle once I finish these deluxe samples which I received from Sephora.

20. Soap & Glory Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel



This is an oldie but a goodie. I discovered this when I stayed with a friend and she had this in her bathroom. This has been on my shower rack since forever  mainly because the scent reminds me so much of Chanel. I repurchased this time and time again and up to this day, is still my one of my top faves. It lathers beautifully, cleanses my skin without drying it up and leaves my skin feeling hydrated. I love this line so much that I have the hand cream and body butter as well.

And that my dolls is everything that have been fueling my inner love for beauty. How about you? What are your current beauty favorites? Do tell in the comments sectuon below so I can check them out too.

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)