[Review] Althea Petal Velvet Powder

2:29 PM

If there is a product that I have been completely obsessed with ever since I got it, it is no other than the Althea Petal Velvet Powder. I've been incorporating this to my make up for almost a month now and I must say, it's pretty awesome.



Right off the bat, the packaging of this powder is such an eye candy. I like how the color [millennial pink] matches the Althea boxes. Such reference is a witty touch in my opinion since this is Althea's first exclusive product after all.



The tub itself is a sweetheart. It's so compact and perfect for traveling. The puff that came with it is pretty substantial too; - thick and fluffy. But I personally just use a brush to dust this powder all over my face to set my base make up.



Althea has pretty impressive claims about this powder. According to Althea - The Petal Velvet Powder is made with micro-fine particles that minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines to reveal a flawless, petal-like complexion. Its translucent and perfecting qualities also create a satin finish that mattifies without dehydrating the skin. It contains Althea flower seed extract which is full of antioxidants that protect the skin's barrier from dehydration and invigorate the skin for a beautiful complexion.

Now here are my thoughts on this powder. The texture is very lightweight and it is finely milled as well. I like how it works spectacularly in setting my base make up (BB cream, foundation and under eye concealer) without caking it up. It doesn't settle into my fine lines nor accentuate my dry patches. As a matter of fact, this powder helps blur the fine lines on my forehead and minimizes the appearance of my pores while keeping my face velvet matte, but not flat if you know what I mean. I find this helps keep oil at bay too.

On me (taken using natural light and #NoFilter):



One downside though (at least for me) is that it has a floral scent to it which even though not that overpowering, I'm still not a fan of. I find the scent goes away after awhile though. Just a heads up to people who are iffy with scents in their make up products.

Over all, I like this powder and I can see myself using every speck of it. I have sensitive skin and this did not make my skin go haywire. For the price point, this powder is such a keeper.

Althea Petal Velvet Powder (3 grams) retails for Php210 and you can get it on Althea's website. If you've tried this powder, let me know your thoughts about it too by commenting below. 

New to Althea? Sign up HERE to get Php200 credit :) Shop through Shopback too to get Php100 credit and up to 7% rebate with your purchase too.

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)