Make Up For Ever Step 1 Mattifying Primer

5:22 PM

Whenever I do my make up, I always use a primer before layering my foundation. I just like how primers really help in creating that smooth canvas that makes my foundation to just glide effortlessly onto my skin. I have a few faves (Laura Mercier and Nars) but I finished them already so I was on the hunt for a new one. I heard so many raves about the Make Up For Ever primers so I decided to give it a go. I have sensitive/combination skin so I opted with the mattifying one and oh boy, I was so impressed with it!


According to Make Up for Ever's website, their Mattifying Primer is the answer to unwanted shine, fighting against excess oil to ensure a matte make up result. It reduces pore size and controls shine for flawless make up all day long. 

To begin with, I love the squeeze-type packaging. I like that it also has a nice, narrow nozzle that helps me to dispense just the right amount of product. I just use this mainly on my T-zone so I'm sure this 3oml tube will last me awhile.


You see, I'm quite picky with my primers because I tend to break out with them especially with silicone-based primers (like Smashbox). This one has a very nice, almost gel-consistency to it that applies like a dream on the skin. It does not have that really slippery, silicone-feel to the skin.

Swatch!



I use this after putting my moisturizer on my T-zone and I can immediately see its mattifying effect on the skin once I blend it out. Despite its instant mattifying effect, I find that this doesn't feel uncomfortable on the skin. It doesn't cling to my dry areas so my foundation doesn't end up looking patchy at all.

I remember using this for the first time with my Mac Studio Fix foundation and even after a busy day at work (12-hour shift), my make up still managed to look decently beautiful with minimal touch ups. On normal days, I tend to get really oily after the 6-7 hour mark even with my long-wearing foundations (like my Estee Lauder Double Wear, Mac Studio Fix & MUFE Ultra HD Foundation). But ever since I started using this primer, my make up held longer that I can sometimes get away without touching up the whole day. And considering our extreme humid condition, that is pretty awesome. Yep, this primer is definitely a keeper!

So yes, even with just a short amount of time of using this, I think it is already my newest favorite face primer (sorry Nars) and I can't picture myself doing my make up without it. If you have oily skin and you would like to cut the shine away, I highly suggest you pick up this MUFE Mattifying Primer. Believe me, it really works! #NotSponsoredToSayThis

Make Up For Ever has a ton of primers (11 I think) to suit every need. I am actually thinking of getting the smoothing one next but we'll see since they are pretty expensive at US$37 (Php2,300) a pop. 

Hope this review helps! Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)