Product Review: Glupa Skin Whitening Soap

12:07 AM

Whenever I stumble upon Glupa Whitening Soap in various grocery stores, I always had the urge to grab one. Perhaps because of its catchy name or the fact that is is a combination of two powerful whitening agents makes me want it more. 

How could I not be tempted? Both Papaya and Glutathione are proven to be effective in skin whitening. And having these two harmoniously synergized in one bar makes me have the best of both worlds - skin whitening wise.

And so I did. I tried one bar and now I'm on my third. 



For starters, I love how this cold processed soap effectively cleans and whitens my skin without leaving it feeling dry and flaky. Plus, it lathers richly. It may be a bar soap, but it is highly moisturizing that I feel like I'm using a hydrating shower wash. Its light Cucumber Melon scent also leaves my skin feeling and smelling fresh. Also, it doesn't melt easily. I like that I skip the part where I need to chop my soap into pieces just to prevent it from melting in a blink of an eye.


Best part of the deal is, I really think it works. I've noticed my skin getting more even after using this soap for quite some time now. I already have fair skin but I have also have skin issues like pigmentation and dark spots to name a few. And now as I get a quick scan of myself, I find that my skin looks a lot brighter than before. My dark post-acne marks have lightened remarkably. Yey!



Now I get it why this bar is so much superior that other plain papaya soaps. You see, papaya contains the enzyme papain which helps in exfoliating dead skin cells, making the cell turnover of the skin hastened. Once the dead skin cells are exfoliated faster, newer cells are produced which thereby results to whiter skin. And this is where my old papaya soap stops. 

Now, the real question is how do you maintain the whiteness that you achieved with that? Yes, putting sunblock daily helps. But really, this is where Glutathione comes in. Glutathione's antioxidant properties work through the skin pores by inhibiting the skin's production of melanin (brown pigment) at the onset, resulting in the natural lightening of the skin.

To sum it up, Papaya alone cannot maintain the white skin it has revealed through exfoliation. Combining it with Glutathione is a crucial step in converting amino acid tyrosine (precursor of melanin) into pheomelanin (which is a lighter colored pigment) rather than into eumelanin (which is black-brown pigment).

If that is too much chemistry for you, bottom line is when Glutatione and Papaya are combined, the skin whitening benefits are fully maximized. Truly, that's one powerful, perfect combination!

Glupa Skin Whitening Soap retails for Php75 (65g) and Php140 (135g). Glupa products are available nationwide at all leading drug/grocery stores like Landmark, Manson Drug, Mercury Drug, Rustan's, Puregold, WalterMart, South Star Drug. You can also order Glupa products at Zalora and Lazada.



For more information, like I am Glupalicious on Facebook. 

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)