NARS Yachiyo Kabuki Brush

3:31 PM

You could have the most expensive make up in your stash, but without the right tool to apply it, it would just end up looking like trash on your face. So armed with the fact that I have too much make up than what I actually need, I am slowly trying to cut down on buying make up and trying to invest on highly-crafted make up brushes instead. So, I made an index of the make up brushes that I would like to own someday, and the Nars Yachiyo Kabuki brush is on top of my list.



Product story according to Nars: "Inspired by traditional Japanese beauty rituals Kabuki Theater, the Nars Kabuki Artisan brushes meld heritage with modernity, in both concept and function. The multi-functional design of the Kabuki Yachiyo Brush, with its tapered dome head, makes it excellent for defining cheekbones, highlighting the complexion, and blending and diffusing color on or around the eye area."  


I have been lusting over this brush for ages and its ghastly price point ($50/Php2,850) was the only thing keeping me from purchasing it outright. But after knowing that it was hailed as the "Best Blush Brush" by 2013 InStyle "Best Beauty Buys", I finally gave in. Despite the amount of money I need to shell out for this brush, let me tell you, it was worth every penny.



For starters, it is perfectly tapered and shaped. It picks up just the right amount of product, and its tapered bristles allow the product to diffuse beautifully onto the skin. Really, its effect  is mind-blowing. It gives that lit-from-within glow, making the over-all-look ethereal and healthy. Also, I can use the most pigmented blush, and still not look like a clown.



It is also small and lightweight, and has the softest bristles ever (It's made with natural (goat) hair, btw). I read complaints about the hair shedding like crazy, but I never had that problem. I have washed mine multiple times already (with Mac Brush Cleanser and baby shampoo), and I never experienced massive shedding.. ever. 



Despite its thin, fragile-looking brush handle, I find that it is actually robust. I'm using it everyday for several purposes, tote it around inside my make up bag on several occasions and it's durable enough to stand my absurd carelessness. My friend suggested that I keep it inside the box that it came with, but I like seeing it happily sitting with my other brushes in my Sephora-inspired brush holder.

This baby is quite a versatile one too. I know that it's primarily designed to be used as a blush brush, but it has served me more that than actually. I have been using this to apply my highlighter, my bronzer and to set my concealer with powder. So adding all the wonderful things that it fulfills in my getting ready routine, this brush is indeed a great investment! Saying that I am happy as a big sunflower because I finally own this brush is such an understatement.

How about you? Have you tried Nars brushes? Share with me your fave make up brush! I'm dying to know your thoughts!

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)