My MAC Lipstick Collection (As Of February 2013)

9:14 PM

I need to confess something. I have a little obsession with lipsticks. I just can't help it. Fact is, lipstick is my kryptonite. They always get my attention the most. I own quite a number and most of them are from Mac. On that note, indulge me in showcasing to you my humble Mac lipstick collection.



I love Mac lipsticks because of their extensive shade range and reasonable tag price. They may not be the most hydrating lipstick line in town, but I am still a fan. As a matter of fact, I managed to use up four Mac lipsticks already (fyi, that's one big achievement for me). 



Also, Mac lipsticks have that light vanilla scent and come in a ton of formulations; - satin, lustre, glaze, amplified creme, matte, cremesheen, sheen supreme,  prolong wear, etc. Not quite familiar with these finishes? Then let us take a better look at my collection according to their respective finishes! Also, feel free to click the links on the names of the lipsticks just in case you want to read my reviews on them, ayt? :)



Satin -  Colour-rich. Soft satin, semi-matte finish and perhaps my least favorite formula from Mac. It packs a ton of color, but quite drying on the lips. 


(Toxic Tale (LE), Viva Glam Nicki (LE), Pink Nouveau)

Lustre - Demi-sheer with wet-look lustre finish. Very slick. Makes lips look soft, smooth and ultra moist. I love this finish because it hydrates my lips the best. However, lipsticks under this category are quite sheer. So if you have pigmented lips, they may not show up that well.



Glaze - Low-colour impact with sheen-style finish. Glazes the lips, makes them shine. Now if you want your lipstick to work just like a conditioning balm, you might go gaga over this. Personally, I think this formula is not intended to be worn alone. I find that this works best when placed (aka glazed) on top of a semi/matte lipstick.



Amplified Creme - Ultra-creamy. Quietly shiny. Color-packed. Definitely one of the best formula to work with. They go on very smoothly, pigmented and stays decently on the lips without drying them up. 



Matte - Pigment rich with intense color pay off. No shine, all matte finish. A bit hard to work with since they can and will make your lips bleed if they are not properly conditioned before hand. But if you want a really long-lasting color on your lips, matte is your best option. 
Cremesheen - Creamy, rich in color and adds shine to the lips. Downside, they melt easily so make sure never to leave them on your car (or anywhere humid).



Sheen Supreme - Combines the color impact of a lipstick with the shine sheen of a lipgloss. These are ultra creamy, and very comfortable to wear on the lips. So creamy, you might want to be cautious in putting these on because they tend to migrate on your teeth if you apply a tad much. 



Pro Longwear - Lightweight texture, creamy finish and comfortable to wear. Lasts up to 12 hours. Won't feather or transfer, and the colour stays true. This is like a better, more forgiving version of matte. Awesome color pay off, and stays all day!



Now, my faves? 

1. Chatterbox
2. Party Parrot (LE)
3. Flamingo (LE)
4. Creme Cup
5. Full Fuchsia

How about you? What is your favorite Mac lipstick shade from my collection (or just your ultimate fave Mac lipstick fave)? Please do share! :)

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)