Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Pressed Powder

8:58 PM

I don't bring a ton of make up with me all the time. Despite my huge love for make up, I tend not to go overboard with packing them in my everyday kit. Well, blame the x-number of times of finding melted lipsticks and broken face powders for that. Just remembering those times makes me amiss. But a gal like me can't live without her handy pressed powder (and a lip balm) all the time. So when I was at Watson's recently, I decided to give Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Pressed Powder a go. It looks very promising, and fits the budget really well (Php199).







For reference, I wear the shade 02 Nude Beige. I find that it's a tad lighter for my skin tone (I'm NC20 in Mac, btw). I shade-matched myself, so I take all the blame for that. I should have followed my first instinct and got 03 Natural instead. So, perhaps because of the shade mismatch, I find that I need to buff it onto my skin in order to make sure everything is well-blended. Otherwise, I will end up with a ghostly-white face (eeww!). In order to do this, I use my trusty Sigma kabuki brush. You see, the applicator that came with the compact is relatively useless. It's scratchy and I'm betting it will just serve me a few days.

Moving along, I'd say that despite its teenage-y vibe (at least for me), I find the compact case cute and manageable. I like that it doesn't take a lot of space inside my make up kit. I use this to set my BB cream everyday, and for quick touch ups at the middle of the day and it works fine. It doesn't have the best oil control ability in the world, but its okay. I have normal to combination skin and I find that it somewhat helps to keep oil at bay for perhaps 2-3 hours. However, I feel that the powder is a bit chalky and emphasizes my dry patches at times. It's unscented, oil-free, non-comedogenic and claims not to clog pores. I've been using it for a while now and so far so good; - no break out or anything nasty on my face (thank God!). However, please take note that this powder has talc, silka and parabens. So if your skin doesn't work well with those ingredients, you've been warned. It also has SPF18 which helps protect the skin from harmful UV rays.

And here's 02 nude beige swatched on my arm:


So will I repurchase this? Perhaps, but in 03 Natural. How about you? What is your favorite pressed powder? Let me know, ayt?

Kiss Kiss,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)