Make Up 101 at Jesi Mendez Salon

5:14 PM

If there is one particular class that I will never get tired of sitting in, it's no other than a make up workshop! It's a class that will never ever bore the beauty junkie in me. You see, just like fashion, make up has trends and also like technology, make up techniques get updated every now and then. And like a true make up fanatic, I wouldn't want to miss out on any of these (colorful) updates!

So when my good blogger friend, Martha of The Beauty Junkee, conducted a giveaway for slots for a Jesi Mendez make up class, I entered my name as fast as I could! Super fast that I was actually the first one to got in! :)

We were asked to bring our own make up since the class will focus on personal make up application. So the night before the class, I spent hours just trying to figure out the products that I'll be tagging along with me. I pulled all my make up drawers and carefully made my decision. I don't have a traincase, so I had to make sure to just bring stuff that will fit into my Nars organizer thing. Also, my Sigma brush set made the cut.


(photos of my stuff: taken from Kei)

The course was all about Make Up 101 and our instructor was no other than the lovely Ms. Viana Mendez (daughter of Jesi Mendez). After a short introduction (tell-me-something-about-yourself and expectations-after-the-class), we proceeded with assessing our skin type. We answered a short questionnaire and based from our answers, our skin type was revealed. Mine was normal to combination skin. 

And then, the fun part; -make up application time! Viana was such a remarkable instructor. She was very pleasant, helpful and definitely knows what she's talking about. She reiterated the importance and benefits of using a make up primer, the proper way of choosing the right powder/foundation for our skin type and the always tricky part- foundation shade matching.    We were also taught how to shape and define our eyebrows, to curl our lashes the right way, to apply falsies in a snap, to coat our lashes with mascara the no-clumping style and my water loo - precise eyeliner application.

Viana also helped us to determine our facial shape, our undertones and the colors that will suit well with our skin tones. If you are curious, mine is oval and I have warm undertones. Then, blush application techniques and lastly, the classic smokey eye look.


(photo taken from Kei)

What makes this workshop worthwhile was the fact that Viana was 100% hands on with her students. She explained and demonstrated everything, did half of our make up and then let us do the rest on ourselves. But she didn't just stop there.  She was also constantly checking if we were doing the right thing (read: if our make up was even and well blended). She was also keen in answering all our questions. Undeniably, Viana is a total sweetheart. 

My final look!


Face: Benefit That Gal face primer
Nars Sheer Glow liquid foundation
Mac Careblend pressed powder

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Nars Ondine e/s (all over the lid)
Urban Decay Creep e/s (crease)
Nars Abyssinia e/s (brow highlight)
Nars Galapagos (lower eyelash base line)
Wish false eyelashes
Nars Larger Than Life volumizing mascara
Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero
Mac Charcoal Brown e/s (brows)

Cheeks: Nars Angelika blush

Lips: Mac Creme Cup lipstick

with Mr. Nesty Espiritu (the brow expert) and Ms. Viana Mendez

(group pic taken from Kei)

Thanks again to Martha, to our instructors (Ms. Viana and Sir Nesty) and to all the staff at Jesi Mendez Salon, Promenade branch!


For more information, visit http://www.jesimendez.com/ or like Jesi Mendez on Facebook!

Thoughts?

Kiss Kiss, 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger

Like My Facebook Page

Follow Me On Instagram (@becsandiego)